Injeongjeon Hall is the main hall at Changdeokgung Palace. It was used by the king and officials for conferences and as a meeting point with visitors. Foreign envoys would meet the king at this location when they arrived at the palace.
Originally built in 1405, it was twice destroyed by fire, once in 1592 and again in 1804. Both times it was rebuilt.
The royal walkway and courtyard, dating back to 1609, can be seen in front of the hall.
On this walkway are stone markers inscribed with ranks of court officials. Court officials would stand behind their designated stone marker when meeting with the king. Higher ranked officials stood closest to the king. Lower ranked officials would stand furthest from the king.
A terraced garden can be found behind the building. It was thought that the garden could channel positive energy from the surrounding mountains, and Maebong Peak, into the palace.
The area surrounding the courtyard was used for storage and for royal guards as they protected the king and the residence.
Leaving the courtyard leads to a single roofed gate known as Injeongmun Gate.
- GPS Coordinates (Longitude and Latitude) : .