Gim Chunyeong’s House, originally located at 125-1, Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu in northern Seoul, was built by Gim Chunyeong for his family around 1890. The Gim family continuously used this house over the years. The last person to live here was Gim Honggi, the grandson of Gim Chunyeong.
Gim Chunyeong’s House was relocated to the Namsangol Hanok Village when the village was established in 1998.
The house is divided into the anchae (inner quarters) the sarangchae (outer quarters). Each quarter has its own individual gate. Both sections of the house are arranged to fit the shape of the surrounding land which is a key feature of Korean houses.