The Jagyeongjeon Site, was the location of the residence of the queen mother. It was in built in 1777 by King Jeongjo for his mother, Queen Heongyeong. It is situated at a spot above Changgyeonggung Palace. The hall and its terraced rear garden offered a beautiful view of the surrounding area.
In the late 19th century, buildings in the area were removed. A royal library was built on this spot during the Japanese occupation.
The library was removed in 1992.