Haminjeong Pavilion was where banquets were held and where the king received high performing civil and military officials at the palace. The name means “the whole world is soaked with the benevolence and virtue of the king.”
Originally built in 1633 on the former site of Inyangjeon Hall. It was destroyed by a fire in 1830 later rebuilt in 1833.
Today, the building is open on all four sides. In a painting known as “Painting of the Eastern Palace”, the pavilion is depicted with walls on three sides. The courtyard in front of the pavilion looks exactly how it was depicted in the painting. This paintings helps us imagine what banquets and performances must have been like here hundreds of years ago.