Dongjangdae (Eastern Command Post) was defended by troops who observed the area for signs of enemies and also used as a training site for martial arts. This beautiful building is also known as Yeonmudae.
Construction on Dongjangdae began on July 15, 1795. It was completed in just over a month on August 25, 1795.
The post is located on the slope of a hill in the middle of low rising land. This allowed maximum visibility of the surrounding area by troops defending the fortress.
There is one other command post at Hwaseong Fortress. The other is Seojangdae (Western Command Post).