Dongiporu (동이포루) is the eastern sentry post II. On top of the square turret is a wooden structure known as a poru that features no front doors. The square turret below is known as a chiseong.
There are five similar structures at Hwaseong Fortress. All are constructed of brick. They are strategically positioned on turrets that protrude beyond the fortress walls. This position allowed for easy attacks by artillery on enemies below.
The location is on a vast level plain which was ideal for troops stationed here to defend Bongdon (Beacon Signals).
Construction was completed on July 3, 1796.