Geumcheongyo Bridge is stone bridge built in 1619 during the reign of Gwanghaegun located across a stream near the entrance to the Seoul Museum of History. The stream, known as Geumcheon, runs between the bridge and Heunghwamun, the front gate of the palace.
A goblin was engraved into the stone of one of the rainbow shaped posts. It was believed that these goblins and other menacing figures warded off the evil spirits.
During the Japanese occupation, the bridge was completely buried. In 2001, the government of Seoul restored it to its former glory.
There is a bridge by the same name at Deoksugung Palace.
- GPS Coordinates (Longitude and Latitude) : .