Gangnyeongjeon Hall (강녕전)
Gangnyeongjeon Hall (강녕전), named after the virtue of health, served as the living quarters and resting area for the king. It was also used for other purposes such as daily activities with the king and his entourage and office duties and state affairs.
First constructed in 1395, it was twice destroyed, once by the Japanese in 1592 and another time by fire in 1867. Both times, it was rebuilt.
In 1917, Huijeongdang Hall at Changdeokgung Palace burned down in a fire. The Japanese, who occupied Korea at the time, decided to disassemble the building, and nearby Gyotaejeon Hall, and use the materials for the rebuilding of Huijeongdang.
In 1995, the current stucture seen today was built and restored to its original design and features.
GPS Coordinates (Longitude and Latitude) : 37.57955, 126.97717.