Honghwamun Gate (홍화문) is the main gate of Changgyeonggung. It was here were the king received ordinary people.
It was first constructed in 1484. It was rebuilt in 1616 after being destroyed during the Japanese invasion of 1592.
The design of is quite modest for a royal residence. This reason led to the addition of a pair of sipjagak, or bell, pavilions on each side of the structure.
The bridge seen in front is known as Okcheongjo Bridge. The bridge which is over 500 years old is a symbol of entry into the courtyard. The stream which flows below the bridge is known as Geumcheon Stream.
Map and Location
- GPS Coordinates (Longitude and Latitude) : 37.57885, 126.99644.